Wolfgang-Pauli Strasse 15 – HIL D 23.2
8093 Zurich, CH
Tel: +41 44 632 41 18
Postdoctoral Associate at the Institute of Environmental Engineering, ETH Zürich, Switzerland from March 2011.
May 2010 – February 2011, Postdoctoral Associate at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Firenze (Italy).
January 2007 – May 2010 – International Ph.D on “Mitigation of Risk due to Natural Hazards on Structures and Infrastructures” joint between the University of Firenze (Italy) and T.U. Braunschweig (Germany), where he defended the Ph.D. thesis titled: “The modeling of hydrological cycle and its interaction with vegetation in the framework of climate change”. During the PhD he spent seven months at the Leichtweiß Institut für wasserbau at the T.U. Braunschweig (Germany) and ten months as a visiting researcher at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, (USA).
September 2006 – Master of Science in Earth and Environmental Protection Engineering at the University of Firenze. October 2004 – Bachelor in Earth and Environmental Engineering at the University of Firenze.
- Physically-based distributed hydrological modeling.
- Mechanistic eco-hydrological modeling.
- Plant physiology and tree-leaf hydraulic.
- Weather generators and stochastic hydro-meteorological forcing realizations.
- Downscaling techniques to study climate change impacts on hydrology.
- Modeling of rainfall induced landslide.
- Snow-vegetation interaction.
- Time series analysis: trends and long memory detection.
- Fatichi, S., and E. Caporali, (2009) A comprehensive analysis of changes in precipitation regime in Tuscany, International Journal of Climatology, 29(13), 1883-1893, doi: 10.1002/joc.1921
- Fatichi, S., S. M. Barbosa, E. Caporali, and M. E. Silva (2009) Deterministic versus stochastic trends: Detection and challenges, Journal of Geophysical Research, Atmospheres, 114, D18121, doi:10.1029/2009JD011960.
- Ivanov V. Y., S. Fatichi, G. D. Jenerette, J. F. Espeleta, P. A. Troch and T. E. Huxman, (2010) Hysteresis of soil moisture spatial heterogeneity and the “homogenizing” effect of vegetation , Water Resources Research, 46, W09521, doi:10.1029/2009WR008611.
- Fatichi, S., V. Y. Ivanov, and E. Caporali (2011), Simulation of future climate scenarios with a weather generator, Advances in Water Resources, 34, 448-467, doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2010.12.013.
- Fatichi, S., V. Y. Ivanov, and E. Caporali (2012) A mechanistic ecohydrological model to investigate complex interactions in cold and warm water-controlled environments. 1. Theoretical framework and plot-scale analysis. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, 4, M05002, doi:10.1029/2011MS000086,
- Fatichi, S., V. Y. Ivanov, and E. Caporali (2012) A mechanistic ecohydrological model to investigate complex interactions in cold and warm water-controlled environments. 2. Spatiotemporal analyses. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, 4, M05003, doi:10.1029/2011MS000087
- Fatichi, S., V. Y. Ivanov, and E. Caporali (2012) Investigating interannual variability of precipitation at the global scale: is there a connection with seasonality? Journal of Climate, 25, 5512- 5523, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00356.1